Dogs are incredible blessings if you own at least one of them. Their loyalty is unmatched by other kinds of pets. They have this fantastic personality that charms many people. Dog’s company is exceptional and could even top the humans. Their capability to adapt and survive in almost any places made dogs the top favorite of most humans.
Top Breeds of Dogs
Dog breeds are abundant. Each breed has a specific purpose and brings joy to every owner. Choosing the type of four-legged creature that’s best for you is somewhat confusing. But this domain will help you in deciding which type of dog to domesticate.
1. Boxer – So-called because they have a boxer-like appearance. Boxers are a short, but muscular breed of dog. They have a strong body and a distinctive square-shaped head. Boxers are actually gentle and have a playful spirit which makes them perfect for active owners.
2. Dachshund – Dachshunds are lively and truly affectionate. This breed of dog is known to be curious and bold. They are very naughty and might act differently if not supervised. It needs a strong leadership to avoid some behavioral problems.
3. Poodle – Poodles are graceful and intelligent canines. They are highly trainable and pleasant that’s why they became the favorite of most people. Poodles are also very sensitive, but a happy breed of dog.
4. Yorkshire Terrier – This breed of canine is clever and energetic. They are truly loyal to their owners and are easy to train. The cute and wonderful appearance of this dog made them close to the heart of every person, young or old.
5. Rottweiler – This large canine has a loving and truly affectionate personality – personalities you wouldn’t think about having because of its formidable appearance. Rottweilers are very skillful and strong that made them perfect for search and rescue operations. They are great police dogs and reliable in guiding blind people.
6. Bulldog – Bulldogs are one of the most gentle and most popular breeds of dog. Its appearance may be daunting, but bulldogs are known to be mild in nature, affectionate and reliable. They have superb guarding abilities, but very gentle to kids. Determined and persistent, this canine breed needs a lot of supervision.
7. Golden Retriever – Its name imposes that this hound is one of the top favorites of most people. Their wavy golden fur and never fading smile is what attracts many. Golden retriever is intelligent and highly trainable. One dog can learn and remember up to 200 commands or even more.
8. Beagle – This droopy eared dog finds a soft spot to any owner’s heart. They are truly friendly and loyal to each member of the family. Beagles are highly energetic and can be mischievous if not well taken care of.
9. Labrador Retriever – The friendly and loving personality of Labradors is perfect for children. They are also highly trainable and well mannered. Their energetic personality needs a lot of exercise and games.
10. German Shepherd – German shepherds are brave and very intelligent. Considered for their loyalty, this breed of dog is obedient and cheerful. Its ability to learn things easily made them perfect as guide and guard dogs.
What Your Dogs Need
In order to maintain your dog’s well being, be sure to understand its necessities and essentials. Owning a dog is the owner’s responsibility. You should provide your four legged friend with everything he needs.
• One dog essentials is the identification tag. It is an inevitable fact that your dog might be lost. And in order for you to find him back, identification tag (with your name, address and contact info) is essential.
• Consult a veterinarian from time to time. Dogs can also catch certain illnesses and diseases that must not be ignored. Vaccines and other health essentials are required for your canine to live healthy.
• Dogs are social animals. Spending some time for him to socialize is necessary for his total development and well being. Walk your dog in places where he can meet new friends and let him play with them.
• Leash is essential for dogs. Leashing your dog every time you walk outdoors is necessary because most dogs tend to run and roam around. Leash is your tool to control your pet and avoid from losing it. Please do not consider an electric dog fence system for your dog I absolutely hate these systems my friend who runs a blog wrote an article about the damage these types of systems can do, bottom line they are straight up cruel.
• Proper dog diet must be observed. Like humans, dogs need nutritious foods to live healthy. It’s a must to provide them enough nutrients for their well being and development. Organic food is better than canned food for dogs although there are canned foods that promise to give high nutrition to your hound.
• Your dog needs to be fit physically. Dogs also need to lessen their body cholesterol and fats, so sufficient training and exercise are vital. When your dog wants to play with you, go and play with them. It’s not only good for your dog, but also good for you.
• Dogs also have feelings that need to be filled if empty. They are sure to give you lots of loyalty and love, so be sure to give it also to them. Their behavior will depend on how you treat your dog.